Friday, April 06, 2007

A little behind...

As usual I'm a little behind on posting. I know that if I can post for a few days in a row, I'll get into the habit of posting -- kinda like working out, which I'm out of the habit of right now!

I plan to post about my recent trip to San Francisco and the CoSN conference I attended, as well as hanging out with Rosa and her family. In the meantime, I'll link to Kim's blog -- no need to reinvent the wheel, right? Tuesday night we met up with Sailaja and had dinner at one of her favorite Italian restaurants near North Beach. The owner remembered Sailaja from her days working in San Fran. And our waiter was an adorable kid whose family was from Venenzia. The meal reminded me of my trip 10 years ago to Italy with girlfriends my my study abroad program. Kim posted a photo of the three of us on her blog.

The trip out west brought back a lot of memories from 10 years ago. I realized when I was out there that Rosa and I lived together in Sevilla 10 years ago. It's amazing how much your life changes in 10 years... and yet some things remain constant, like close friendships. Rosa and I can go months without talking and while we're lucky enough to see each other almost every year as soon as we get together it's like no time has passed. I'll post a photo of the weekend as soon as Rosa emails them to me but here's one from my visit a year and a half ago. Hannah is so big now! And she speaks an adorably in Spanglish.


The conference was a great professional learning experience. Alex said I came home pumped about work. I met a number of engaging and innovative people -- real experts in their fields. And received useful insight and guidance on charting my professoinal path. While I'm going to miss the next Council for Great City Schools conference in June (we're going on a family trip to Ireland!), I'm eager to continue the networking and connections to learn how to best move Boston forward in using technology as an educational tool. Unfortunately, I didn't have my camera so I didn't get photos but Kim took a couple. The conference days were long -- starting at 6:30 with conference calls and meetings and going into the evening with dinner and drinks. We took the red-eye back Sunday night and went right to work! Nuts, I know. But I always want to maximize my time!

1 Comments:

At 4/14/2007 4:29 PM, Blogger Alex Gurn said...

Hannah looks a little susicious of you in that picture, Melissa.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home